Sunday, August 19, 2012

This World That We Live In


Images of villains pillaging villages/
Imminent apocalypse, capitalism killin it/
This world that I live in/
Time is limited/
Rhymes is infinite/
Mind is ridiculous/
My knowledge is intimate/
While theirs frivolous/
Folded like molded tissue/
I incorporate focus issues/
Pen with a fine tip/
Jedi with the mind tricks/
To sever your pleasure/
Kamakazis like the nebakanezer/

Plus I’m a feminist/
Met women who storm and control all the elements/
This world that I live in/
Destruction of Eve/
Corruption and greed/
Spreading the seed/
Ground is fertile/
Mos said it landed somewhere between Broadway and Myrtle/
I don’t embellish, we too selfish/
We too hellish, they say fuck it/
Kids starve to increase military budgets/

Don’t touch it, don’t change it/
Too few change agents/
We change faces like trading places/
We are now the slave masters/
But fuck it, we enjoy the fragrance/
I see your shackles and I’m trying to tell you/
They trying to sell you/
“You ain’t free, you well behaved/”
Don’t let them say/
Araminta could have freed you,
If you only knew
You were a slave/

No comments:

Post a Comment